Friday, 28 September 2012

Newspaper And I.

Various newspaper in Malaysia.

Random facts #1.
I do not read the newspaper often just because flipping pages of it will make my fingers black and dirty. I can only touch other things after washing my hands to prevent them from getting dirty. I think it's very troublesome so until now I still don't have the habit to read the newspaper.

Random facts #2. 
I will always choose to read the entertainment section of the newspaper first. I also like to choose the newspaper printed on the better quality paper such as Metro in The Star where all the interesting features stories were published and Taylor's Inkslinger. 

Random facts #3.
The Chinese newspaper which is still using broadsheet was so huge that I read it on the floor.

Random facts #4.
The first chinese newspaper that I read was Nan Yang Siang Pau (although Sin Chew Daily was more popular).The only English newspaper that I like is The Star, which was mostly influenced by my parents because they cannot read Chinese words.

Random facts #5.
My family has been reading The Star newspaper since I was born. Although I don't read the newspaper but it is always there for me. I witness the changes of the The Star newspaper from broadsheets to tabloids. I felt weird initially but still get used to it eventually. The design and layout of The Stars newspaper were also different back then.

Random facts #6.
What I like about newspaper is that they are eco-friendly and recyclable. Every Sunday I will see my mum using the old newspaper to wrap the vegetables before putting them into the fridge :p

Random facts #7.
My friends and I were on the front page of a section in the New Straits Time because of the school event of the Chinese Cultural Month. It was the first time for me to appear in the newspaper and I bought it specially to keep it as a collection. Online version: http://www.smksp1.webs.com/nst_2010.htm

Random facts #8.
When I was in primary school, my friend and I entered a competition where we need to collect as many news as we can with a specific theme. We collected lots of news from loads of old newspaper, cut it nicely and pasted it on colour papers with pretty captions and design. We won the 2nd price in the competition :)

Random facts #9.
I always loved the Kee's World comic strips that were published everyday in The Star's Section Two. It was a must read everyday for me!


Nevertheless, the newspapers still play an important role in people's lives, even for people like me who don't read it everyday. The newspaper as a credible source of information will not be dying out anytime soon and will continue to serve us a vital type of mass media for many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment